Tuesday, February 21, 2012

There is NOT always room for pudding

I need to make sure I rememeber never to do this again. For one of my daughter's birthdays a couple years ago I got the bright idea to use pudding in the middle to stack the two cake circles rather than frosting. I've seen so many cake mixes claim to have pudding in them so it just seemed like it would be the yummiest thing ever to have real pudding right smack in the middle of the cake. Well, I don't have enough experience with pudding other than eating it--maybe if I'd wrestled in it I would have known--but pudding is REALLY slippery. It might be why we serve people pudding in bowls and not on plates but I didn't think that hard. I plopped the pudding on the first layer, smoothed it out, added the top cake layer and started to frost the outside of the cake. And that's when it started slipping and sliding. And the top layer of cake starting cracking. Like San Andreas Fault-cracking. I have a picture of it somewhere but if I remember right it ended up being okay because it was a ladybug cake so having a huge crack down the middle was okay and easily fillable with frosting. But I have to remember that there is definitely NOT always room for pudding...

No comments:

Post a Comment