Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Out of this world

This is been a really fun night going back through all my photos. I might have to stop today after this one. My son was supposed to do a 3D project for science at some point and all I could think about was Jello. Was I hungry? Maybe. But Jello is not that exciting--At least not until you make it glow in the dark! That's right--thanks to the internet I discovered that tonic water glows under ultraviolet light (so not exactly glow in the dark but you know what I mean) because of the quinine in it and I know people use other liquids to make Jello so we used tonic water. We made a bunch of different colors of it and put blobs of it on pieces of white cardstock (that definitely helped it show up better) on top of a pan of dark (grape?) Jello. Now that I've said the word Jello this many times I think a previous post about "there's always room for pudding..." should have been about "jello", not "pudding" but what the hey. I'm not a genius. Except for this project. Do you like my pecan asteroid belt? I he got a 100 thank goodness or I he would have been very upset. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment