Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In the Beginning

I am starting this blog to get some more interest in my Etsy shop-- Egglintine-- but also to put some things on the web that I've done or seen so I can get them on to Pinterest. I did this camp cake several years ago for a scout dinner. I used two 13x9 inch cakes for the base and stacked them together. Then the rest was SO easy. I had just been introduced to those candies that look like rocks (they had them a Walmart at the time) because a friend of mine brought me some when I had kidney stones to show me that all stones weren't bad--some are chocolate! The rocks were great for the fire pit, river bank, etc.Stick pretzels made great logs for the fire and to hold up the pop-tart tent. I used two sugar ice cream cones for the trees, some red, yellow and orange fruit rollups for the flames and some kind of candy bars for the logs--it's been too long so I can't be real specific there. Most likely there's a 3 Musketeers in there because those are the best! Ok, now in the shot below, the one log looks like a Twix. Those are good too. And let's just be honest--I've never had a candy bar I didn't like. Add a bunch of green frosting and a little bit of blue for a river (or lake if you prefer) and you have a really easy "theme" cake for a birthday or summertime bbq or just whatever.
 Now I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment